WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP NEWS
The Women’s Fellowship of Maple Spring COB is comprised of all the ladies of the church, young and old. We are a service based organization.
- Our main mission is to cook and serve a funeral meal when one of our church family, or their immediate family, passes away.
- We maintain the church kitchen, such as clean the refrigerator, stove, and freezer and repair or replace items when necessary.
- We raise funds for the Heritage Festival every year by cooking and serving Ham Pot Pie.
- We do community service, such as hosting birthday parties at both the Brethren Home and Laurel View Village. We also participate in Christmas in July at the Brethren Home and participate in Harvest Home by accepting donations for the Brethren Home.
- We raise funds three times a year for the Brethren Home by accepting donations from the congregation for Auxiliary Dues, Winter Project and Dime-a-week.
- We serve the Community by a yearly Visitation Day where we make soup and deliver it to shut-ins and those in the community who may be in need.
- We have adopted a resident at the Brethren Home and remember her with cards and gifts on her birthday and major holidays.
- We assist our Men’s Fellowship by serving 2 Prayer Breakfasts during the winter months and assisting them with the Annual Game Feast.
- We have a sub-division of the Women’s Fellowship called “Humble Hands.” This organization meets twice a month when schedules allow and through this organization we have made Quilts, Throws and Blankets for the Brethren Home and Mom’s House, Prayer Shawls for the sick and shut-ins at times of illness or need. We have crocheted plastic mats for the Homeless out of plastic grocery bags. We are in the process of making hats and mittens for the disadvantaged children in the local schools. We are currently making blankets for the Children’s Aid Home.
- At Christmas each year we hold a covered dish supper and invited the congregation. We also give Christmas gifts to our elderly, shut-ins and those who were sick or lost loved one during the year.
- We also sponsor the Mother/Daughter Banquet each year for the women of the congregation and their daughters and young children.
- Once a year we hold a Women’s Prayer Breakfast. This event is usually held in the early spring.
The officers of the Women’s Fellowship would like to thank all the ladies (and men) of the congregation for all their support through the year. We could not do the above without your donations of food, your help with setting up and cleaning up, your financial donations, and all those who give of their time and talents.